2/16/2017

2017 Garden Beginnings

First, let me explain a few things - I got about 15 packets of seeds from my grandma, but a lot of them were more than 5-10 years old. So I planted them, not sure if they're going to work or not, but I thought I'd try it out. 

Below are images of some brand new seeds I ordered through UrbanGardenSeeds. I can't wait to plant them!! They came in tubes, which I wasn't expecting. Super cool though. And they included a thank you! I'll list what all I got sometime.



Here are some photos of when I first planted the "old seeds" -



Erin sat on the porch with me while I did this, it was a lot of fun!

This is after my cat Mittens stepped on them, I was very sad. I think they'll be okay, except for one.

I am at it again with the lettuce growing!! I learned from the last time I tried this that if you leave them in water for too long, bad things happen. Schwoops. So this is my second try and they seem to be doing alright!


Grandma gave me this Peace Plant! I'm a fan. I wish I had taken a photo yesterday, because it was kind of droopy - and today it is looking better! I think it's because there is more light and fresh air coming through. 


And this enormous snake plant, that I got from the woman I nanny for on Mondays. I'm really excited about both of these gorgeous plants I got as gifts! Woohoo!


Finally, to end this post, I took some images of the seeds I planted... I'm kind of afraid that they are weeds growing, but I'm really hopeful that it's what I planted. We'll see. I used some dirt from around my house, so there may be extra weeds growing. 

"Grandma Seeds" planted February 11, 2016. The same day, I also planted some painted daisies that I got at Dollar General. The 11th was about 8 weeks from Davidson County's last frost date, March 31st (with an 11 day deviation).





Lastly, sorry this is so unorganized... not that I see myself sharing this with people who would care that this is all over the place since it's mostly for myself, but I forgot to share this, which is just so if the labels keep coming off I'll remember what I have-





Well, that's it! Hooray!



No comments:

Post a Comment